Thanks to my parents we were able to take Summer to do some fun things all by herself! She had such a great time at Moody Gardens, Galveston and the Children's Museum. Chad and I enjoyed spending time with her and having an only child. Funny story Summer has the most sensitive nose and smells make her sick-as soon as we got to the beach she covered her nose/mouth and said it was the grossest thing she had ever smelled and then she got sick:( We quickly distracted her with the sand and shells and she was good to go.
She is growing up so fast! And she amazes me with the things she comes up with.
Here is our conversation in the car the other day.
Summer-Is Austin ever going to talk?
Me-No baby you know he has a special brain and he won't.
Summer-Is he going to get to be a dad?
Me-No-I wish because he would be a great dad. He is going to live with mommy and daddy forever.
Summer-Oh really well where he is going to go when you and daddy go to heaven?
Can you take him with y'all?
Me-hmmm why do you ask?
Summer-Just checking. He can live with me if you want because he is a good friend of mine.
Me-Summer he is more than your friend he is your brother! But you don't need to worry about that right now we will find the right place for him.
(and then if you know me you know I cried)



3 comments:
Looks like ya'll had a blast! I'm sure it's great for her to feel like an only child every now and then :). She looks like such a big girl! And the conversation you had with Summer totally made me tear up...love ya'll.
Kinda amazing how deep a four year old can go, isn't it? I know you feel blessed to have your children- but they are also blessed to have you as their Mom. ;-}
About your conversation with Summer- I cried too. She is such a sweet girl and so smart to be thinking about all that. Austin is lucky to have such a great lil sis.
About the beach- I have to agree with her about the smells, but it's lots of fun if you can get past that :-)
Post a Comment