OK so we have been spoiled for three years and have not had to discipline a child. Summer is testing us in all areas. My sister Jenn has been a great resource in listening to me and helping me win this battle. Thanks Jenn you have raised amazing children and I hope I will be able to do the same. Here is an example of her not getting her way. We were all in the garage and she wanted to ride the cruising cooler. I told her no then the tears and screams came. Check out the last picture because of her daddy she won!
Here she is smiling and having a great time!
Yes she is biting her hand.
Ok so the camera made her a little more upset.
Trying to suck her thumb and scream.
You know what that smile means!!!!



4 comments:
Oh my gosh! What a tantrum. I have to say she looks cute throwing it though. haha. Well, I'll probably be calling you when it comes to discipline bc I have no clue what I'm doing!
Haaa!!! Welcome to the world of tantrums!!!!! The trick is to stay strong, but Dad's are huge softies and usually do not help the situation. Chad and you have to be on the same page,if she knows Daddy is a softy, then she will keep throwing the fits until he gives in. It is a rough and frustrating stage!! It gets better, that was a big challenge for John and I, he didn't see Henry all day, and then we would say "no", then he would get mad and John didn't want him upset, because he wanted to spend time with him, he had no idea what that would bring on. Ha. You work out a system though!!! Have a great summer, I am soooooo glad it is finally here!!!
Yes, the beginning of discipline is definitely NOT a fun stage. And unfortunately I'm learning that each kid brings different challenges to it- can't one system just work for all kids? That would make it so much easier on us parents.
I have to agree with "the bente family" The last thing you want to do is give in- somehow they remember that and just try harder the next time. I'm not saying we never give in, 'cause we definitely do. But we are trying to be better about it, 'cause you either deal with the consequences now or later (when they are bigger and stronger and more determined). Now you can just blame Chad for the next tantrum :-)
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! Men, so weak..... j/k.
I am sure that sweet little face couldn't be that much trouble ;)
Post a Comment