6/04/2010

Being A Big Sister

Summer has amazed me once again. She has been a perfect big sister. She loves to hold, feed and entertain Luke. She has been patient with Chad and me when we can't meet her needs right away. It is hard to find a safe place for Luke so he usually ends up in our bedroom with Summer watching him swing or sleep.

Summer we are so proud of you Austin and Luke are very blessed to have a sister like you.


Helping with his first feeding.

First time to hold him

The perfect feeding spot.
Giving Luke a kiss
Summer did a Super Sibling Class at the hospital the week before Luke arrived and she got to put her hands on the wall in the hospital. The whole labor and delivery floor is covered in hand prints of siblings-it is super cool.




Happy 200th post.
I began this blog when Austin was six months old. It all started when I received an e-mail from my Uncle Alan telling me about Julie's Blog and how we should all create one to keep the family updated. I never got into scrap booking or even filling out my kids baby books so this was perfect for me.
At the time we had just moved into our new home and Austin was just Austin.
We had no idea what God had in store for us.
------------------------------------------------------
Five years later we have three beautiful children.
I am so glad to have their whole lives documented with pictures, dates and stories.
I know this is something we will always treasure as well as the kids.
Thank you for following along on this journey with us.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

How sweet. Luke is precious. Congrats. ENJOY your summer!

The Bente Family said...

Kids, they are amazing!! Luke is precious. We will certainly have to get together this summer. I can come to you no problem! ;)

Selene said...

Aw Ashley! This post makes me wanna cry! So sweet...I can't wait to meet him and see Austin and Summer again. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Yea Summer! What a great big sister:) Congrats on the 200th post, I love reading them!!

Dustin and Jody said...

Ashley you are the one who inspired me to do a blog for Sophie. I have enjoyed your blog so much. I does allow me to keep up with your amazing family and share in your kiddos everyday lives. I love you all so much!

Julie said...

Thank you for allowing us to follow on this journey with you. I hate that we are far apart and don't get to actually "live" life together, but the blog helps me feel connected to you guys. So I am so glad that you took the time to start one and continue to maintain it. It looks great by the way!
Summer being such an amazing sister brings happy tears to my eyes. That is so sweet and I just absolutely love watching the sibling connection. God is so amazing with the ways he blesses us.