1/29/2006

Austin's Hospital Visit

OK nurse let's get this over with!
Austin did wonderful on Friday! God was in control the whole day. We chose to use the oral sedation over the IV. He was not happy with that and spit it all back up. They gave him a second dose and he had five minutes to fall asleep or we would have to reschedule the MRI. With one minute to go he fell asleep and the nurse said he would be asleep for about five hours because of the strong dose. I was able to stay with him and as soon as it was over they pulled him out he opened his eyes and began grabbing all of the wires attached to him. They could not believe it. We only had to stay in recovery for twenty minutes. When they took his blood he laid on the table and watched as the nurses worked. Our doctor is going to call on Tuesday with the results. Please continue to pray for us. Tonight he sat up by himself for a whole minute!

3 comments:

Dede said...

Well, Austin's (Little Bubba according to Larry) as cute as ever, but he sure looks like he's had about enough of all this mess! I'm sure he's glad to have it over with and I know you guys are too. I know today will be a stressful day for you, but try not to get over anxious about anything; things have a way of woking themselves out. We love you all and our prayers are with you. Give Austin a BIG HUG from us and tell him we love him. God bless you all.

Julie said...

Way to go Austin!! Sounds like he's hanging strong. Just want to send you guys lots of love and prayers.

becca said...

Hey Ashley,
Austin is precious! A while back, I clicked on one of your comments from Julie's blog to see if it was you and found Austin's blog! I immediately thought he looked like a Holmes - so precious! I got Julie's email yesterday to pray for him. I will absolutely pray for him. Keep the faith because God is greater than all this and will listen to our prayers.

I just finished reading a series of books by Karen Kingsbury. You may find them enjoyable and encouraging. The 4th book (i know, you are probably thinking - you want me to read 4 books, yeah right!) is about a child that is going through something similar to Austin, but under more severe circumstances. I know it sounds crazy, but you would find the story very uplifting and encouraging. These are fiction books, so they really are enjoyable. I used to hate reading, but I loved these books. They are called, Redemption, Remember, Return, Rejoice (the one i mentioned), and Reunion. These are Christian fiction.

Sorry for the long message.

We'll be praying.

Becca (Camp) Masters

PS Sounds like he did great during his hospital visit!